- "Monsters vs. Aliens" redirects here. For other uses, see Monsters vs. Aliens (disambiguation).
|Monsters vs. Aliens|
March 27, 2009
Monsters vs. Aliens is a film from Dreamworks Animation. The film was released on March 27, 2009 in both 3-D and standard formats.
- Reese Witherspoon as Susan Murphy/Ginormica, the main protagonist.
- Seth Rogan as B.O.B., the deuteragonist.
- Hugh Laurie as Dr. Cockroach, the tritagonist.
- Will Arnett as The Missing Link, the secondary tritagonist.
- Conrad Vernon as Insectosaurus / Butterflysaurus
- Kiefer Sutherland as General Monger
- Rainn Wilson as Gallaxhar, the main antagonist.
- Stephen Colbert as President Hathaway
- Paul Rudd as Derek Dietl, the secondary antagonist.
- Julie White as Wendy Murphy
- Jeffrey Tambor as Carl Murphy
- Amy Poehler as Computer
- Ed Helms as News Reporter
- Renée Zellweger as Katie
- John Krasinski as Cuthbert
- Directed by Rob Letterman and Conrad Vernon
- Screenplay by Maya Forbes, Wallace Wolodarsky, Rob Letterman, Jonathan Aibel, Glenn Berger and Conrad Vernon
- Music by Henry Jackman
On its opening weekend, the film opened #1 grossing $58.2 million in 4,104 theaters. Of that total, the film grossed an estimated $5.2 million in theaters becoming the third highest-grossing IMAX debut behind The Dark Knight and Watchmen.
This is the 2nd Dreamworks monster-based movie. The 1st was Wallace and Gromit: The curse of the Wererabbit.